Thursday, October 27, 2005

Solarplates and more

I am a printmaker, this is my second attempt at a blog as the first one went away with a computer crash and I have no idea where it was...so someday I may find it! In the mean time I am starting over. I have currently been working on a block print of Zebras for an exchange on the barenforum.org web site. I deciede to print on the wrong side of the paper which took way more work but looks sort of broken up, that is the imagery is not sharp. I was printing on dry paper with akua kolor intaglio ink and had a problem with the paper moving in the kento registration....finally I taped it down on the edges and this seemed to fix the problem. Not the way I would usually print but as I was using a baren and ball bearing baren, the paper just wanted to move since it was dry. Lesson learned....I did two on the correct side of the paper and they were soooooo easy to print. Rats. At any rate I like the looks of the zebra on the wrong side of the paper, that is the side without the sizing. This is masa paper, not expenxive but a paper that takes ink very well dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home